Instructions Following Surgical Root Canal Treatment
- You may experience swelling, minor pain, and/or skin discoloration. This is normal and will be temporary.
- In order to keep possible swelling to a minimum, the use of an ice pack on the face over the operated area is recommended. The ice pack should be used; on for 20 minutes, off for 20 minutes, etc. This is done during normal waking hours for 2-4 hours following surgery. DO NOT apply heat to the area.
- DO NOT raise your lip with your fingers to inspect the treated area. This will tend to loosen any sutures that have been placed.
- DO NOT brush in the area of surgery. Starting tomorrow, rinse with warm salt water (1/2 teaspoon salt to 8 oz. glass warm water) on the treated area under the lip or cheek, following each meal and before bedtime.
- Please follow the instructions in the proper use of your prescribed medications.
- Should any difficulties or questions arise, do not hesitate to call this office at any time, day, night, or weekend at 973-383-8080